With Trump’s election and the dramatic events of his first week in office, people from many professions are considering what their role should be in this new era.
- Trump publicly and unabashedly states his intent to break the law.
- Trump’s actions have demonstrated that this willingness is more than talk; he is willing to act.
- Trump and his administration pose a serious threat to our national criminal justice system.
- Jeff Sessions, if confirmed, will have the power to wreak havoc on the criminal justice system.
- Trump would like to eliminate critical federal agencies and programs dealing with criminal justice: Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, Office of Violence Against Women, Legal Services Corporation, Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department, Environment and Natural Resources Division of the Justice Department
Ultimately, however, it comes down to this:
6. It is our moral obligation as professionals to advance the cause of justice.
Add your reasons in the comments.